Post traumatic stress and positive psychology and read and evaluate the academic research conducted in my selected area of focus.
Choosing a cognitive approach, making reference to at least one specific technique within the approach.
Your report will need to demonstrate a critical analysis of the evidence base for applied positive psychology in dealing with post traumatic stress. You should show an awareness of the positive psychology theories and models underlying the practice with post traumatic stress as well as demonstrating an understanding of how these are then applied in practice.
You will need to critically discuss the advantages and limitations of taking a positive psychological approach making reference to the available evidence. You should conclude with your evaluation of the benefits of applied positive psychology compared with the conventional approaches. https://mballpsychblog.wordpress.com/2011/11/18/positive
Your essay should include:
• a general summary of the application of positive psychology in the selected approach or application,
• a review of the literature on your chosen topic,
• a critical evaluation of the evidence to support the merits of your chosen approach or of the effectiveness of a specific application,
• your evaluation of the evidence to support the benefits and efficacy of the approach or application, and
• evidence of familiarity with relevant literature and theory.
1. Displays an in depth understanding of the key theories and techniques of positive psychology
2. Critically evaluates the effectiveness and scope of positive psychology interventions and their evidence base,
3. Able to devise a coherent intervention plan that logically links development targets and development actions
4. Evidence of familiarity with relevant literature and theory
5. Evidence of integration of theory and practice
6. Appropriate introduction provided that clearly articulates the topic
7. Main ideas clearly and logically presented
8. Appropriate conclusion provided that summarises the key findings/ideas
9. Relevant literature used properly