Online Course: Film Critique Sheet #2
Objective Analysis: (give examples and provide text that supports these examples)
1. What visual components (contributions) do you feel this genre has added to the world of art, if any? What was new visually about this genre?
2. What is the social/political context of this genre? What events or societal trends brought this genre into existence?
3. What are the significant audio elements of this genre, if any (such as the soundtrack, ambient sound, dialogue, etc.)?
4. What are the significant narrative components (story telling, plot, characters, acting, setting, pace, symbolism) to this genre if any?
Subjective analysis: (this is for you to give your point of view)
1. Discuss your favorite visual component or scene and WHY?
2. Discuss your favorite sound component or line of dialogue and WHY?
3. Discuss your shortcoming of the film and WHY ?
4. How did this documentary expand your knowledge of this genre in particular and the world of film in general (give examples and why)?