This module discussed the definition of leadership and the various characteristics needed to be an effective leader. In this assignment, you will define leadership and identify the qualities of a good leader. Discuss whether leadership qualities are genetically acquired, or if they can be developed and mastered. Provide a rationale for your response, supported by examples from real-life leaders, professional literature, and/or your own personal experience.
Based on your reading and your experience, in a minimum of 400 words, respond to the following:
- Provide a definition of leadership and describe what qualities contribute to good leadership.
- Analyze the qualities that you think make a good leader and suggest ways of including these qualities in your leadership style.
- Discuss whether leadership qualities are genetically acquired or if they can be developed and mastered.
- Provide a rationale for your response, supported by examples from real-life leaders, professional literature, and/or your own personal experience.
Support your writing with academic, peer-reviewed literature. You can find peer-reviewed literature on the Readings and Assignments page of the course, and through the Argosy University Library.
By Wednesday, June 29, 2016, post your response to the appropriate Discussion Area. Through Friday, July 1, 2016, review and comment on at least two peers’ responses.
Write your initial response in 300–500 words. Your response should be thorough and address all components of the discussion question in detail, include citations of all sources, where needed, according to the APA Style, and demonstrate accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation
Do the following when responding to your peers:
- Read your peers’ answers.
- Provide substantive comments by
- contributing new, relevant information from course readings, Web sites, or other sources;
- building on the remarks or questions of others; or
- sharing practical examples of key concepts from your professional or personal experiences
- Respond to feedback on your posting and provide feedback to other students on their ideas.
- Make sure your writing
- is clear, concise, and organized;
- demonstrates ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and
- displays accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Initial response was:
Discussion Response and Participation: