This course has introduced you to Jack Welch’s 20-70-10 differentiation framework and to Huselid, Beatty, and Becker’s categorization of employees as A, B, or C players.
Write a 3-5 page paper in which you do the following:
1. Discuss the strengths and pitfalls of differentiating employees in the manner suggested by Jack Welch (i.e. the 20-70-10 framework). What assumptions must one make in order to embrace differentiation?
2. Determine which framework you would use to assess your own employees, why you would use it, and how it would differentiate employees.
3. Discuss the values, cultural elements, and organizational processes that need to be in place for differentiation of employees to be equitable and productive.
Your assignment should adhere to these guidelines:
• Write in a logical, well-organized, conventional business style. Use Times New Roman font size 12 or similar, double-space, and leave ample white space per page.
• All references must follow JWMI style guide, and works must be cited appropriately. Check with your professor for any additional instructions on citations.
• On the first page or in a header, include the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. Title and reference pages are not included in the assignment page length.
• Faculty have discretion to penalize for assignments over or under the assignment guidelines. Check with your individual professor if you feel the assignment requires a much longer or shorter treatment than recommended.