This assignment invites an analysis of two alternative models: a purely profit-oriented model versus a triple bottom line model. The differences are based on the relative importance of the objectives for profits, planet, and people.
Taking the role of an educational consultant, prepare a presentation including speaker notes. In the presentation, outline two alternative business models using the specified example.
- For the purely profit-motivated model, address the following:
- Discuss the pressure exerted by the stock market on publicly traded companies as well as the structure of stock securities including voting rights.
- Discuss how these influences would encourage a focus on pure profits and what that could mean for other stakeholders of the company.
- For the alternative business model aligned with the needs of people and planet, address the following:
- Read the 2010 Sustainability Responsibility Report of Coca-Cola HBC available from the following link: http://www.coca-colahellenic.com/sustainability/
- Illustrate the concepts of aligning a business model with the needs of the people and the planet with reference to the report.
- Compare the two models using the Coca-Cola HBC as an example.
Develop an eight- to ten-slide presentation in PowerPoint format. Apply APA standards for writing style to the speaker notes. Use the following file naming convention: