In Week 3, you conducted a literature review using the course competencies as a guide in choosing the articles. In this week, you will take the information gathered in Week 3 and incorporate it into a final paper. The paper is not just the literature review it is a culmination of what you have learned over the course and as in Week 3 use the following course competencies as a guide to developing your paper.
• Major psychological theories and principles in the field of addictions
• Historical link to modern issues and trends in the field of addictions
• Current and evolving trends in the field of addictions
• Nature of geographic, social, cognitive, and emotional factors in the development, course, and duration of addictions
• Differences in patterns of addiction in the context of gender and developmental issues
• Illegal and legal substance use issues regarding physical, social, and psychological effects
• Impact of treatment and prevention methods on the incidence, course, and duration of addictive behaviors
Your paper should adhere to the following guidelines:
For the main sections, it should have:
• A title page: The title should be appropriate as per the topics chosen for research.
• An abstract: This should be 150- to 250-words in length.
• An introduction: This should be 2- to 3-pages in length. The introduction provides a brief overview of what will be covered and the purpose of the position paper.
• A literature review: The literature review is taken in part from what you wrote in Week 3. The literature review is not a copy of that material. Rather, it is a synthesis of the material you found into a cohesive review of the literature on your chosen topic.
• Discussion and conclusions: The difference between a great position paper and a marginal one is the depth and originality of the discussion and conclusions section. This is where you bring together what you learned from the literature review (as well as through the course) in your concluding remarks regarding your topic. The discussion and conclusions section should be one to two pages in length.
• Reference page: Remember to follow APA format and style.
Submit your responses in a 10- to 14-page Microsoft Word document.
Support your responses with examples.
Cite any sources in APA format.
I will let you know I there is any further guidance from my teacher as promptly as possible.
Assignment 2 Grading Criteria Maximum Points
Submitted an introduction, with a brief overview of what will be covered and the purpose of the position paper. 70
Submitted a literature review for the position paper. 30
Submitted the discussion and conclusions. 100
Used correct spelling, grammar, professional vocabulary, and APA format. 50