Read “Danville Airlines” and write a paper of 750-1,000 words that addresses the following:
- Discuss the issue of genetic testing and screening. What are the benefits and the drawbacks of genetic testing? Specifically, what were they for Reiger?
- Assume it is technically legal for Danville to test Reiger without his consent. Did Danville have a right to do so? Why or why not?
- Assume it was illegal. How does that change your answer?
- Now, assume that Danville’s attorneys say the law is ambiguous, and that fighting a lawsuit would be expensive. How does that change your answer?
- Discuss Reiger’s situation in light of (a) the 1974 Privacy Act, (b) The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, and (c) the 1990 Americans With Disabilities Act.
- Does the knowledge that Reiger lost his father to Huntington’s disease and that he has a 90-percent chance of developing the same condition make a difference in your decision?
- What recommendations should Julie Taylor make
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines