The workforce management is far more complicated in companies with operations in multiple countries than their domestic counterparts. There are political, economic, social-cultural, technological, and legal issues that add substantial challenges to this naturally complicated task. Leadership styles and management practices vary from country to country, creating difficulties for people in units located in different countries to achieve corporate goals.
Using the Argosy University online library resources, locate a minimum of four different scholarly sources on leading international employees, international workforce development and labor law. Based on what you learned from them, discuss the following points related to these topics:
- The recruitment and selection issues being faced by companies that have a presence in different cultures and countries
- The importance of labor-management relations, and how they differ around the world
- The importance of training and development programs, especially cultural training, when leading an international workforce
- The impact of the above discussed issues on a successful strategy formulation
Beginning Wednesday, July 13, 2016, post your responses to the appropriateDiscussion Area. Continue to get to know your fellow classmates and contribute to our discussion on capstone course project ideas.
Through Sunday, July 17, 2016, comment on at least two of your peers’ responses.
Write your initial response in 300–500 words. Your response should be thorough and address all components of the discussion question in detail, include citations of all sources, where needed, according to the APA Style, and demonstrate accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation
Do the following when responding to your peers:
- Read your peers’ answers.
- Provide substantive comments by
- contributing new, relevant information from course readings, Web sites, or other sources;
- building on the remarks or questions of others; or
- sharing practical examples of key concepts from your professional or personal experiences
- Respond to feedback on your posting and provide feedback to other students on their ideas.
- Make sure your writing
- is clear, concise, and organized;
- demonstrates ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and
- displays accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Initial response was:
Discussion Response and Participation: