Directions: This will be a minimum four page essay in which you will answer all the questions listed below. Longer essays will generally earn you a higher grade. Please use Times-New Roman Font, size 12, double space, and send your paper to my email address in a WORD document. I strictly enforce MC’s policy on plagiarism ( I noticed many of you plagiarized on the check-in assignment, so be very careful). If ‘Turn it In’ finds three or more sentences as directly copied from any source your paper will automatically be flagged and you will receive an F. (Refer back to the syllabus if needed). You are to use only your two books for resources! :
– Goldfield, David, et al, The American Journey, 7th Edition or newer, or the Midland College Custom Edition (chapters 1-16).
– Yazawa, Melwin (ed.) Documents for America’s History. Vol. 1, 7th Edition.
June 15 Exam I: Goldfield textbook, Chapters 1-4; Yazawa book, pp. 1-99
( I have PDF versions of chapters you will need)if you will have any problems reading it, I can provide you with my chegg account)
Question are :
1. Discuss the establishment of French, Dutch, and English colonies in North America between the years 1600-1763.
2. How did this end Spain’s monopoly of settlement in North America?
3. In addition, briefly discuss and define the French and Indian War, as well as the Treaty of Paris.