1. Write a 500 word essay, and include an outline of the essay.
2. Generate an appropriate response to the presented reading and prompt.
3. Demonstrate essay development to include a thesis sentence, topic sentences with supporting details in each paragraph and clear introductory and conclusion paragraphs.
4. Incorporate quotes or other evidence as needed to support your thesis and topic sentences.
5. Apply Edited American English
1. generate A 500 word persuasive essay, following the outline on p59, on of the topic below. Use the accompanying reading from the text to either support your argument or to serve as the opposition to your argument in your persuasive essay.
A. Should U.S. Citizenship be granted automatically to those who are born in the U.S.?
i. “Born in the USA” by Kevin Clark
Since this is a persuasive essay, you’ll be expected to consciously employ the three rhetorical appeals where appropriate in your essay. (Ethos, Pathos, Logos