Discuss one (1) project where you used a problem-solving approach address the common-cause variation, or where you used a process improvement approach to deal with a special cause.
If you do not have a personal experience that echoes either of these situations, you may use Internet to search for a case that reflects either of these situations.
- one’s personal investment strategy since 2008
- reducing waiting times at the local hospital or emergency room
- reducing difficulties trying to connect to a Wi-Fi Internet provider
Answer the following questions in the space provided below:
- Describe the experience in the project.
- What were the solutions used to address the problem?
- Was the case you described a special-cause or common-cause?
- Do you feel the solution or approach used appropriate for the cause?
- What would you do if you could do it again?
- What conclusions can you draw from the problem-solving or process-improvement techniques?