1……”Security Controls and the Business” Please respond to the following:
- Discuss in your own words the importance of balancing security and business functionality. Determine why upper management buy-in for a security program is essential for the program’s success and compliance of end users.
- Evaluate why administrative, technical, and physical controls need to be implemented in tandem for a security program to be effective and determine which of these control sets you believe is the most important. Justify your response.
2…..”IDS” Please respond to the following:
- Compare and contrast network-based and host-based IDS use in an enterprise. Determine the feasibility and necessity of utilizing one of these IDS implementations over the others and explain which you feel is more important and advantageous in an enterprise setting.
- From the e-Activity, discuss the tool’s primary uses, strengths and weaknesses, competing products, costs, and system requirements. Explain why you would or wouldn’t consider implementing this product in your organization. Justify your response.
- Use the Internet or the Strayer Library to research at least one commonly used intrusion detection tool. Pay close attention to the tool’s primary uses, strengths and weaknesses, competing products, costs, and system requirements. Be prepared to discuss.