The following is a list of the questions you will need to answer for the paper. Submit one MSWord document and Excel spreadsheets if needed.
Clearly label your answers and use APA formatting and citations.
The main focus of this course is to understand rules in International Accounting. One such focus is to understand the major differences in US GAAP and IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards). The portfolio project is divided into two parts; provide detailed responses to both parts of the project.
- Provide a detailed history of the convergence project between US GAAP and IFRS.
- Discuss in detail the major differences between US GAAP and IFRS applications.
- Provide a list of countries that have adopted IFRS and how cultural differences can impact interpretation of IFRS.
- Explain Transfer Pricing in detail.
- Provide a detailed example of how Transfer Pricing can be used successfully by Multinational Corporations.
- Please discuss in detail various methods of translating foreign currency financial statements.
For each of the two parts, discuss and cite at least two credible outside sources.
Your paper should be 8-10 pages in length, well written, and formatted.