Write a 1,050- to 1,200-word paper on diversity in the workplace and its implications for human resource development.
Address a time at your workplace you experienced or observed organizational discrimination. Include the following:
- A brief description of the event and the work environment the discrimination occurred (Omit identifying demographic information and use fictitious names as needed.)
- Federal and state legislation that supports fair workplace practices
- The responsibilities of human resource managers and their implications concerning race, culture, age, gender, sexual orientation, spiritual or religious beliefs, and disabilities
- How risk management strategies support equity within the workplace
- Why issues of diversity within the workplace are paramount for human service workers and for management of human service organizations
- How this experience or observation may influence issues of diversity within your dream organization for Week Five’s Learning Team Presentation
- How this would apply to the development and management aspects of human resources
Format your report consistent with APA guidelines.