(1) EACH question posed needs to be answered in a short 4-5 sentence response with 1 citation/quote from Serow (page #) In-text citations or Footnotes/Endnotes will suffice
NOTE if you do NOT cite, you will receive NO CREDIT for that question!!!!
(2) use Times New Roman font 12 or comparable ONLY
Reading #33 Arthur Schlesinger – The Imperial Presidency.
1. Since September 11th, has the “Imperial Presidency” re-emerged with George W. Bush?
2. Did the presidency of Richard Nixon reveal the dangers of presidential power or did it reaffirm the belief in the political systems ability to check and balance the abuses of power?
Reading #34Michael CairoThe Imperial Presidency triumph
3. The presidents who have abused their war powers are allowed to do so, Michael Cairo explains, because they have support from the United Nations. Is that ok or would you prefer seeing Congress regain its Constitutional obligation?
Reading #90Fareed ZakariaThe Post-American World
4. The role that Fareed Zakaria envisions for the U.S. in the future resembles a mediator among many nations with varying degrees of power. Do you agree? Give recent evidence to back up your opinion
Reading #92Joseph NyeSoft Power
5. According to Joseph Nye, soft power can only be successful if a country has a culture that is attractive to others, political values at home and abroad, and foreign policies that are legitimate and reliable. Do you agree?
6. Has America been successful at this recently? Why or why not?