Develop an implementation plan (1,300-1500 words) using the “Topic 3: Checklist” resource. The elements that should be included in your plan are listed below:
1. Method of obtaining necessary approval(s) and securing support from your organization’s leadership and fellow staff.
2. Description of current problem, issue, or deficit requiring a change. Hint: If you are proposing a change in current policy, process, or procedure(s) when delivering patient care, describe first the current policy, process, or procedure as a baseline for comparison.
3. Detailed explanation of proposed solution (new policy, process, procedure, or education to address the problem/deficit).
4. Rationale for selecting proposed solution.
5. Evidence from your Review of Literature in Topic 2 to support your proposed solution and reason for change.
6. Description of implementation logistics (When and how will the change be integrated into the current organizational structure, culture, and workflow? Who will be responsible for initiating the change, educating staff, and overseeing the implementation process?)
7. Resources required for implementation: staff; educational materials (pamphlets, handouts, posters, and PowerPoint presentations); assessment tools (questionnaires, surveys, pre- and post-tests to assess knowledge of participants at baseline and after intervention); technology (technology or software needs); funds (cost of educating staff, printing or producing educational materials, gathering and analyzing data before, during, and following implementation), and staff to initiate, oversee, and evaluate change.
My Topic or PICOT Question for my capstone project:
In this context, the nursing problem revolves around the increasing incidence rate of pressure ulcers among hospitalized patients in intensive care unit (ICU) and the PICOT question or statement would be: In hospitalized patients in intensive care unit (P), how effective is the use of Sacral Mepilex (or like dressing) (I) compared to no use of Sacral Mepilex (C) in preventing or reducing the incident of pressure ulcers (O) throughout the patient’s stay in ICU (T)? (Melnyk & Fineout-Overholt, 2005).
The PICOT is established has:
P: – the nursing problem is the increasing rate of pressure ulcers among patients in intensive care unit (ICU).
I: – the nursing intervention of choice relates to the application of Sacral Mepilex, a type of polyurethane foam dressing that promotes wound healing.
C: – the comparison intervention relates to failure to use Sacral Mepilex (or like dressing) as a method to prevent pressure ulcers.
O: – the overall outcome relates to reduced incidence rate of pressure ulcers among patients in ICU by adopting the intervention of choice, which entails the use Sacral Mepilex
T:- the time relates the entire length of stay of the patient in the intensive care unit (Polit & Beck, 2008).