Refer to the following links that explain the RFP process and provide a template that can be modified to suit any situation:
1. The RFP Process for EHR Systems: http://library.ahima.org/xpedio/groups/public/documents/ahima/bok1_047961.hcsp?dDocName=bok1_047961
2. RFI/RFP Template: http://library.ahima.org/xpedio/groups/public/documents/ahima/bok1_047959.hcsp?dDocName=bok1_047959
Select one of your suggested solutions you identified in the EHR Life Cycle Presentation assignment.
Develop a 750-1,000-word RFP for an EHR hardware solution that would support the selected solution identified in the EHR Life Cycle Presentation assignment. Take on the vantage point of the informatics director at a facility in need of your solution. Your RFP should include, but not be limited to:
1. A brief cover letter (100-150 words).
2. Summary of company’s background information.
3. Important dates.
4. Contact names/resources for answering questions.
5. Requirements that the hardware supplier is to support.
6. Technical requirements — operating system requirements or network environment/interface needs.
7. Marketing collateral.
8. Any supporting document requirements.
9. The selection process requirements: demonstrations, presentations, testing, install, etc.
The format of this assignment should align with that of a standard RFP.
This assignment uses a grading rubric. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.