Scenario: You were hired as the operations manager for a start-up business of your choosing. You are in a unique position since you are in the initial stages of planning many aspects of your new business.
Instructions: Create a typed 5-7 page report using APA format that supports the following:
1. Develop a project management schedule for the business that includes relevance to capacity, location, and layout strategies. This schedule can be created using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or any other software application tool. (1-page)
2. Develop a human resource (HR) department plan by detailing how the HR department will initially help support your employees.
3. Identify two suppliers (either existent or fictional) and justify your reasons for selecting them. Your reasons should make good business sense.
4. Select a forecasting method. State how the forecasting method will work for your particular business.
5. Select an inventory management system and state why you selected the system.
6. Identify a maintenance company (either existent or fictional) and justify your reasons for selecting it. Your reasons should make good business sense.
7. Discuss the control mechanisms you will utilize, including quality control mechanisms. Include the technological, social, and environmental factors that will affect the company’s quality control.
Using Excel (not included in the 5-7 pages written requirement):
8. Create an operations management budget for the organization. This budget should be created in an Excel spreadsheet.