CSR Strategy- Final Project
Students required to develop a comprehensive CSR strategy for a business of their choice.
*Do not choose a company that has an existing comprehensive CSR strategy available to the public or that you can access otherwise. This is a form of plagiarism.
• Minimum 12pg, 1.5 spacing (excluding title page, table of contents and references)
• Title page
• Page numbers
• Executive summary
• Table of contents
• Introduction and conclusion
• Must use a minimum of 5 academic sources (journal articles, books, government reports/websites)
• Reference list in proper APA format Content:
• Content of the strategy must align with the nature of the business and address all aspects of the corporation, from human resources to manufacturing, if applicable.
• Strategies must be viable and realistic – financially, socially and practically.
• Strategies must include considerations for BOTH reducing impacts AND identifying opportunities for growth through CSR, along with philanthropy – but the focus should not be philanthropy.
• Must address the following
o Include a stakeholder analysis and collaboration strategy
o Clearly show planning and consideration for how the CSR plan will be integrated into
overarching business strategy
o Include a plan for implementation and monitoring for continual improvement
o Identify timelines (budgets not needed)
o Show areas of priority (not all initiatives will have equal priority)
o Must be cohesive and integrated – not separate initiatives that are not connected
o Local to international impacts (if applicable)
o Short to long term impacts
o Legal requirements in the country or location of business headquarters and all other
Consider any of the following for content o Corporate governance and ethics o Health and safety o Environmental stewardship
o Human rights (including labour rights)
o Sustainable development
o Conditions of work (safety and health, hours of work, wages)
o Industrial relations
o Community involvement, development and investment
o Involvement of and respect for diverse cultures and disadvantaged peoples
o Corporate philanthropy and giving, and employee volunteering
o Customer satisfaction and adherence to principles of fair competition
o Anti-bribery and anti-corruption measures
o Accountability, transparency and performance reporting
o Supplier relations, for both domestic and international supply chains
o Responsible sourcing