Imagine that you have been recently promoted to serve as Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) for a Fortune 500 organization. This organization has known brand products across the world and expects top-secret methods for safeguarding proprietary information on its recipes and product lines. The Board of Directors request that their information security strategy be upgraded to allow greater opportunities of secure cloud collaboration between suppliers and resellers of their products. Another concern they have is the recent number of hacktivist attacks that have caused the network to fail across the enterprise. Their concern extends to making sure that they have controlled methods for accessing secured physical areas within their various regional facilities.
For your new position, you will be responsible for developing standards, methods, roles, and recommendations that will set the new IT security path for the organization. The existing organization has limited experience in supporting an enhanced level of IT security; therefore, you may need to outsource certain security services.
Additionally, you may create and / or assume all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of this assignment.
Write an eight to twelve (8-12) page paper in which you provide the following deliverables:
Part 1: Organization Chart
1. Use Visio or an Open Source alternative, such as Dia, to:
a. Create an organization chart in which you:
i. Illustrate the roles that will be required to ensure design, evaluation, implementation, and management of security programs
for the organization.
ii. Within your organizational chart, clearly identify the reporting structure for roles such as IT Security Compliance Officer,
Security Manager, CIO, CISO, IT Security Engineer, Privacy Security Professional, and IT Procurement Specialist.
iii. List the types of resources required to fulfill the each forensic duty of the organization below each of the roles you identified.
iv. Align your organization chart to reflect the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Essential Body of Knowledge’s three (3)
comments and comparisons on how your organizational chart fosters these three (3) values.
Part 2: Request for Proposal (RFP) Plan
2. Develop a Request for Proposal (RFP) plan to solicit qualified vendors that could partner with your internal team to deliver optimum
the contract is awarded. As part of the plan, you must:
a. Describe at least two (2) perspectives that need to be closely monitored within the contract.
b. Give your perspective on at least two (2) methods that could be used to evaluate and develop a qualified trusted supplier list.
Part 3: Physical Security Plan
3. Recommend a physical security plan that could be used to protect sensitive areas such as telecom rooms, employee only areas,
and manufacturing facilities in which you:
a. Include at least three (3) specific methods.
Part 4: Enterprise Information Security Compliance Program
4. Establish an enterprise information security compliance program that addresses the concerns of the board of directors of the
organization in which you:
a. Describe specific plans and control objectives that could be adopted to address the known issues.
b. Suggest at least three (3) information security policies that could be developed and practiced within the organization for data
c. Outline the steps you would take to define the security needs of the organization in terms of duties, staffing, training, and
Part 5: Risk Management Plan
5. Develop a risk management plan in which you:
a. Describe at least three (3) possible risk management efforts that could be used to assess threats and unknown issues.
b. Determine why defining priorities is an important part of the process when enumerating and having efficient risk control
c. Suggest specific technical and management controls that could be enacted in order to monitor risks accurately.
6. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
- Include charts or diagrams created in Visio or one of its equivalents such as Dia. The completed diagrams / charts must be imported into the Word document before the paper is submitted.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe and apply the 14 areas of common practice in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Essential Body of Knowledge.
- Describe best practices in cybersecurity.
- Describe physical security plans and processes.
- Evaluate the ethical concerns inherent in cybersecurity and how these concerns affect organizational policies.
- Explain legal and regulatory compliance practices.
- Explain risk management plans and policies.
- Describe physical security plans and processes.
- Develop a cybersecurity plan that incorporates the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Essential Body of Knowledge.
- Identify the strategic management issues in cybersecurity planning and response.
- Explain data security competencies to include turning policy into practice.
- Compare and contrast the functional roles of an organization in the context of cybersecurity.
- Identify and analyze the role of the Chief Information Officer, Information Security Officer, and IT Security Compliance Officer in the context of cybersecurity.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in cybersecurity.
- Write clearly and concisely about topics associated with cybersecurity using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions