Instructors, training on how to grade is within the Instructor Center.
Assignment 5: Company Presentation
Due Week 10 and worth 200 points
For this final assignment, imagine that all the research and planning you did for the previous four (4) assignments was part of a global HRM plan your company is devising. You will need to compile all of your findings and present them to your company’s upper management.
Based on the feedback you received for the previous four (4) assignments, address any concerns and update each area based on what you learned throughout this course. Then, create a PowerPoint presentation that includes everything from those assignments. Write out detailed speaker notes, and then narrate the slides as if you were presenting them in a meeting.
Create a ten to fifteen (10-15) slide PowerPoint in which you:
- Addressed concerns from prior assignment feedback.
- Converted Assignment 1, 2, 3, and 4 into a cohesive PowerPoint presentation.
- Suggest a compensation strategy that would support international operations in your company.
- Indicate two or three (2-3) key strategies your company could use to enhance ethical behavior, labor relations, and work conditions.
- Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:a. Format the PowerPoint presentation with headings on each slide and one (1) relevant graphic (photograph, graph, clip art, etc.). Ensuring that the presentation is visually appealing and readable from up to 18 feet away. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
b. Include a title slide containing the title of the assignment, your name, your professor’s name, the course title, and the date.
c. Narrate each slide as if you were presenting them in a meeting, and write out detailed speaker notes. More information about narrating PowerPoint slides can be found here: https://support.office.com/en-au/article/Record-a-slide-show-with-narration-ink-and-slide-timings-3dc85001-efab-4f8a-94bf-afdc5b7c1f0b?ui=en-US&rs=en-AU&ad=AU
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Determine the nature of globalization, cultures, and labor markets, and assess the impact on human resource management (HRM).
- Analyze international business strategy to identify human resource requirements and formulate supporting HRM plans that can improve productivity and contribute to the firm’s competitiveness.
- Propose staffing alternatives for foreign operations and address the considerations for the use of expatriates versus localization or third-country nationals.
- Assess recruiting and selection strategies that can be used to effectively meet organizational requirements for operating in multiple countries.
- Select performance management processes to assess and improve performance throughout a multinational corporation.
- Propose training programs to improve performance throughout a multinational corporation and address the considerations for effective learning in a diverse workforce of expatriates, host country nationals, and third-country nationals.
- Suggest compensation strategies to support international operations and balance global operational efficiencies with responsiveness to local labor conditions.
- Analyze effective approaches to the broad spectrum of employee relations issues, including fostering ethical behavior, labor relations, and work conditions.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in global HRM.
- Write clearly and concisely about global HRM using proper writing mechanics.