this is 4 separate essays and four separate charges . I only answer the number indicated in the topic section. Please do not write anything else like name and title. Only answer the essay question. each essay is at list a page or more
1. Describe wealth inequality in the U.S. What is the difference between wealth and income? How is wealth concentrated? Compared to other social class, how are the wealthy different in terms of education, marriage, residence, and lifestyle?
2. Discuss in detail how does Weber’s view of social class differ from Marx’s? According to Weber what is the major cause of inequality? What is the major cause of inequality according to Marx?
3. Describe how gender inequality exists in the workplace? What are the major causes of gender inequality discussed in class (discuss at least three)? According to the text, what factors have contributed to the decline of gender inequality? Why does it still exist?
4. What is institutional discrimination? Describe discrimination is one of the following areas: i.e. housing, education, employment. What are the differences between Defacto and Dejure discrimination (provide examples of each)? Choose at least one racial/ethnic group to illustrate your points?
5. How is poverty dysfunctional and functional in American society? What can be done to reduce poverty in the United States? Should the solutions to reducing poverty in America rest on individuals or society? Why or Why not?
6. Define the Functionalist perspective and Herbert Spencer theory of stratification. How does Davis and Moore theory of stratification similar to Spencer’s thesis of Social Darwinism?