Structure of DNA
Using the South University Online Library or the Internet, research DNA sequencing.
Based on your research, complete the following discussions:
- DNA sequencing has become a valuable tool in many areas of science, including forensic medicine and biological research. In relation to this, answer the following questions.
- Describe the steps by which DNA sequencing is performed.
- Describe, using at least one example, of how DNA sequencing has become a valuable tool in forensic medicine and/or biological research.
- What are the steps involved and the enzymes used in DNA replication? In your opinion, can a disorder result from the malfunction of any enzyme used during DNA replication? If yes, identify any one disorder and explain how it is caused. If no, why?
- Since one transcription factor can control multiple genes, mutations in transcription factors can have long-reaching effects.
- Can a disease result from a mutation in a transcription factor? If so, provide at least one example, naming the transcription factor, the mutation, and the congenital defect that arises.