After viewing the movie describe the following concepts based on your analysis of one major relationship in the movie.. When available use relevant passages as examples of verbal/or non verbal communication to illustrate your above answers.Ã‚Â
1. Identify the nature or type of power relationship.
examples-Complementary relationship, symmetrical relationship, competitive symmetitrc relationship, submissive symmetrical relationship, parallel relationship
2. Idenifty a turning point as casual or reflective in the relationship
Definitions: Casual-event brings up change in relationship Reflective-Signals a change in way relationship is defined
3. Identify any uses of deception and or relational violence
deception by omission-Intentionally holding back some of the information another person has requestioned or that you are expected to share deception by commission-(lying) Relational violence-range of destructive behavior aim at other people including aggressiveness and threats.
4. Describe the skills and strategies used to escalate or maintain the relationship
example-stranger>acquaintance> friend> Close friend> Bestfriend/lover/spouse
5. Describe the relationship in terms of dialectical theory
Definition-Theory that views relational development as the management of tensions that are pulling us in two directions at the same times.
6. Describe the relationship in terms of social exchange theory
Definition: Social exchange theory-Theory that claims people make relationships decisions by assess and comparing the cost and rewards.
Each question can just be a paragraph, (4-6 sentences)
Format can just be answers under the question.Ã‚Â