Shift Happens Video Case:
First, please watch the video available at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-ueOorEAQw
Second, please review the Supplementary Information:
You are a consulting team working with a group of executives at Coca-Cola Global. Some key stats for you company, include:
• Over 3500 products sold worldwide;
• 1.3m tweets per quarter;
• 128 year history;
• Share price at $41.72; and
• Products available in over 200 countries.
The group of executives is considering new investments outside of the food and beverage industry, as a means of diversifying their activities. The group has been considering purchasing arable land within developing countries to gain long-term access to fresh water resources, but there is some concern about how this will be perceived by the public.
Your team is being brought in to advise this group of executives on how they should think through the major trends impacting their business, and your view on the land acquisition plan. The response should be structured into three paragraphs:
1. Describe the problem – Convey the top issues that Coca-Cola should think through when it comes to these macro-trends impacting its business globally.
2. Discuss the options for them – What are their options in addressing the opportunities that these macro-trends present? What are the threats that they present?
3. Discuss your recommendations – what should the group do regarding the plan to purchase land, and what other (one) recommendation would you make?
* Use the information given only.