Assignment Brief 2: Introduction to Marketing (105LON)
Module Assessment: End of Term Assignment (Individual Report) Assignment 2: (Assessment 60% of Overall Module mark): (to be submitted by Monday Week 11 – 0900 Hrs)
Brief: Conduct a Marketing Analysis for “A Large UK Retailer”
This assessment is the culmination of all your work in this module. You are required to conduct a Marketing Analysis for your chosen organisation in Assignment One. You are required to present your answer in a report format.
Due to the challenging business conditions currently prevailing in the UK and globally, you have been approached by a large sized UK
Retailer to conduct a Marketing Analysis.
Your assignment needs to cover the following points:
1. In order to present a well-constructed report you must carry out a thorough evaluation of the marketing activities and that of their competitors, as well as investigating the latest trends and developments within the Industry.
2. You are required to present your answer in a report format. The report should be presented to directors, using the standard “Report” format and presented to your tutor for assessment through the usual channels (submission through Moodle).
3. A report consisting of 2,500 words will be required to support your answer. 4. Your assignment must be written in report format and include:
• Application of knowledge gained throughout this module (from week 1 to week 10) should be emphasised.
• It is expected that you will conduct extensive secondary research to develop your report. • An executive summary (not included in the word count). No more than one page.
• A full reference list in the Harvard format. All sources of information to support your report must be cited within the main body of text. (The reference list is not included in the word count.)
• Appendices: If you use appendices restrict them to four pages maximum. (Appendices are not included in the word count).
Notes to Candidate:
Within the assignment, you are required to show evidence that you:
• Understand the principles of marketing within the constantly changing environment • Demonstrate an awareness of marketing concepts and approaches in practice
• Critically analyse the main influences on consumer behaviour
• Describe the importance of market research to organizations
• Evaluate the impact of the environment on marketing decisions
• Present marketing theories and practices in a coherent manner by demonstrating quality and clarity of expression, use of appropriate terminology and secondary data to illustrate or support arguments. You need to support your answers with clear evidence.
Structure of the Report:
• Executive Summary (not included within the word count)
• Introduction: Company overview
• Analysis of the Industry, Market Size, Competition etc.
• Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning and Customer Value Proposition
• Marketing Review of Current activities: The Marketing Mix – The 7P’S
• Existing Product Management and New Product Development
• Distribution Channels, Innovative edge, Pricing Mechanisms etc.
• Recommendations: (focusing on marketing decisions in order to help your chosen organisation in terms of “Acquisition and Retention objectives” for examples:
• List of figures
1. You are required to submit your assignment online (through moodle)
2. Please ensure that you submit your work at least 15 minutes before the deadline to ensure that your assignment is submitted on time.
Best of Luck ———————————————————————————————————- —————–
Jobber, D. and Fahy, J. (2012), Foundations of Marketing, 4th edition, McGraw Hill
Blythe, J. (2008) Essentials of Marketing, 4th edition, Prentice Hall
David Cravens, Nigel Piercy (2012) Strategic Marketing,10th edn: McGraw Hill
Brassington, F. & Pettitt, S., (2006) Principles of Marketing. 5th edn. London: Financial Times Press
Fill, C. (2009) Marketing Communications: Interactivity, Communities and Content. 5th edn. London: Financial Times Press
Kotler, P., Armstrong, J. S., (2010) Principles of Marketing. 5th European edn. Pearson Higher Education
Palmer, A. (2009) Introduction to Marketing: Theory and Practice, Oxford University Press Pickton, D. and Broderick, A., (2005) Integrated Marketing Communications. 2nd edn. London: Financial Times Press
Recommended Reading: Magazines/websites
www.campaignlive.co.uk – Campaign, the leading weekly UK magazine for the advertising
and commercial media industry.
www.campaignlive.co.uk – Campaign , the leading weekly UK magazine for the advertising and commercial media industry.
www.cim.co.uk/home.aspx – The Chartered Institute of Marketing presents news, analysis, case studies, links and other valuable resources for marketers.
www.managementtoday.co.uk – Management Today reputed to have ‘ one of the most diverse, senior and well-informed readerships of any business title… ‘
www.themarketer.co.uk – The Marketer, published by the Chartered Institute of Marketing, with how-to articles, marketer interviews, case studies and more.
www.marketingweek.co.uk/ – MarketingWeek – news and analysis of developments around the U.K. and Europe.
www.marketingscience.info/ – From the Ehrenberg-Bass Institute for Marketing Science at the University of South Australia, articles about marketing research.
www.statistics.gov.uk – Consumer and business market statistics the UK. www.bbc.co.uk – Consumer and business market statistics the UK.
According to this this is my presentation ppt please apply some of this point to the report. And i will apply it later .