Turnitin is used and work must be 80% original and only 20% can be sited/copied. Be sure to include a title page with a running head and page number, according to APA formatting, and be sure to include a reference page and reference citations within the text of your essay. for the Homework Questions Assignments each weeks, students are required to include an APA-style title page, APA-style in-text citations(minimum of 1 in-text citation), and APA-style reference list and double-spacing. Do not include homework assignment question within the paper it will count against you. Write an essay paper in APA format answering the following questions:
1. Describe the distinct differences between lineages, clans, moieties, and phratries.
2. As an anthropologist you are interested in the dynamics of a Matrilineal society. What characteristics would you identify as unique within this kinship system from your own?
3. Why do kinship systems work? Where, if any, would you find a working kinship system within the United States? Give examples for both questions.
1. When individuals get married, alliances are formed between the two families. In some cultures there will also be a formal economic exchange. Three forms discussed in this chapter are bridewealth, bride service and dowry. Discuss each economic form with its positive and negative outcomes to both family members and the newly married couple. In the dowry system, pay particular attention to the outcomes for the bride.
2. Within all societies of the world there are dynamics, known as taboos, that vary by the cultural elements themselves. Anthropologists do find traits and taboos that are similar to other existing cultures but never utilized or practiced exactly with the same manner. However, there is one constant element known as the universal taboo. Please describe this taboo and why it is referred to as being universal.
3. Marriage patterns vary by culture themselves. In some cultures, such as in Saudi Arabia, the practice of plural marriage is accepted and promoted. This particular practice, known as polygyny, refers to a man taking more than one wife. In the United States, marriage patterns legally remain in the marriage pattern of monogamy, referring to a man married to one woman (traditionally). However, in the past few years it has come to the attention of not only the federal government but the general society, of groups practicing polygyny. In one particular group, who has been highlighted in the news for marrying underage young girls to older relatives (i.e., uncles, grandfathers, and fathers), consider the universal taboo in question #2, discuss why this practice continues unreported until recently.
1. In every culture, cultural constructs will be found. What are the cultural constructs found in the U.S., and how are they used to define gender in society? Compare gender constructs in Pastoralist societies. What differences do you find between the United States and a Pastoralist society?