Crisis Communication Plan
Based on the corporation you chose identify a credible crisis, one that if it occurred could have a severe negative impact on the organization. Once you have identified the crisis your job is to develop a crisis communication plan. In this plan you will identify major stakeholders, analyze their potential concerns, and formulate a basic plan of how and when to communicate to each stakeholder.
Your job is not to provide solutions to the problem (the crisis), but rather to provide a plan for how you will communicate to the organizations publics.
An oral presentation presented to the executive group of your organization in order to get approval for your plan (20-25 minutes). A successful presentation will:
- Define the crisis. What is the crisis event that you are dealing with and what is the impact that it may have on the organization.
- Define and describe the stakeholders. Who are the people, organizations, or agencies that may be impacted by this crisis?
- Describe the ways in which each stakeholder will be impacted and describe the potential severity of the impact.
- Describe the available channels of communication and the pros and cons of each.
- Describe your plan for communicating with each of the stakeholder groups. The plan should be prioritized (immediate, within x hours, within x days, etc.) and should provide the reasoning behind your recommendations.
An effective presentation will:
1) Provide evidence to support arguments
2) Be persuasive
3) Effectively use a presentation program (i.e. PowerPoint) to support the presentation
4) Complete in the allotted time (20-25 minutes)
All team members must participate in the presentation.