Assignment 2: Conflict Resolution
Conflict resolution is a necessary skill for any manager or leader. In this assignment, you will examine the difference between conflict and competition. You will also explore ways of determining when conflict resolution is necessary and explain ways to resolve conflict.
Research the role of conflict and competition using your textbook, the Argosy University online library resources, and the Internet. Select two resources for use in this assignment. Reflect on your experiences with conflict. If you have no business related experiences with conflict, apply your personal experiences to a common workplace situation.
Review the following video:
- Ury W. (2010, October). The walk from “no” to “yes” [Video File]. TED Conferences, LLC. Retrieved from http://www.ted.com/talks/william_ury.html
Using the selected resources and examples from your experiences respond to the following:
- Explain the difference between conflict and competition.
- Describe a situation where competition is healthy. How does that relate to a business environment?
- Describe a situation where competition could lead to conflict and might not be healthy.
- What methods could you use to resolve the conflict?
- What leadership techniques would you use to resolve a conflict?
- In resolving conflict, use an example to describe a “best case” scenario.
Give reasons in support of your assertions. Be sure to reference your selected resources and examples from your experiences.
Write a 3–4-page paper in Word format. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M4_A2.doc.
By Wednesday, October 28, 2015, deliver your assignment to the M4: Assignment 2 Dropbox.
|Assignment 2 Grading Criteria||
|Explained difference between conflict and competition.||
|Explained instances where competition is healthy in a business environment.||
|Described situation where competition could lead to conflict and might not be healthy.||
|Recommended methods and leadership techniques to resolve conflict using “best case” scenario.||
|Used illustrative examples from your personal experiences and authoritative resources demonstrating in-depth analysis and research.||
|Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.||