For this Portfolio Project option, you will choose and build a training plan. Identify a common training problem that organizations struggle with and the best way to address this problem. Examples include: change management, technology implementation, communication, team building, and conflict resolution. Also, determine how to implement the training by identifying the method of delivery. Follow these steps:
- Write the report.
- Prepare the PowerPoint presentation.
- Proofread and submit both items.
- Congratulate yourself on what you have accomplished!
The report/presentation must include:
- An eight to 10-page double-spaced paper (not counting the cover page, abstract, and reference page) with appropriate references. Make sure your paper is formatted and cited according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements.
- An executive-level presentation (summary) not to exceed four PowerPoint slides.
The report must include the following items:
- Identify what the problem is and what type of training is being proposed. Relate this to the organization’s strategic imperatives.
- Prepare an overview of why the training is needed. Include the learning objectives that you have identified for the program.
- Research best practices on how to train toward this problem. Discuss what other organizations have done to train on this topic. You can include White Papers.
- Create a flowchart of the process to conduct research and collect data for decision making (which does not have to fit any specific process form; just make it clear).
- Outline an abbreviated needs analysis, including a high-level assessment of skills, costs, and risks.
- Propose high-level training solutions, including recommendations and justifications for development, implementation, technologies, and assessment type (or justification that training is not a solution that will adequately address the issue, and present a proposal for a non-training solution).
- Write a conclusion that reiterates the recommendation and ties it back to the best practices of other organizations.
- Effective Training (5th Edition) 5th Edition, by P. Nick Blanchard (Author), James Thacker (Author) ISBN-13: 978-0132729048 (This must be used as a reference)For project details, see the Portfolio Project description, which can be accessed from the Week 8 Assignments page