Concept Analysis Paper
In this paper you will demonstrate scholarly, graduate school level writing and critical analysis of existing nursing knowledge. Your final paper will be 7–10 pages (excluding title page and references), using APA format with at least 8–10 scholarly nursing sources of information.
For your final submission, you will take a concept of interest to you and develop it into a final concept analysis paper. You may choose to apply your Unit 3 concept to this Assignment, or you may select another single word (concept) that you have wondered about or discovered in your readings.
The Unit 9 Assignment will focus solely upon the discipline of nursing with the inclusion of nursing scholarly sources to substantiate the literature review. Locate evidenced-based articles (based on research studies in nursing) that use the concept or discuss the concept.
Scholarly sources can be obtained through the Kaplan University online library.
Please confer with your instructor if you are not sure about your concepts or sources.
For this paper you will:
• Identify the concept and purpose for studying the concept.
• Describe reasons for this concept being of interest to nursing and its body of knowledge.
• Define the attributes of the concept and relevant uses.
• Provide a summary of the concept as described in each article with examples of how the term was defined.
• Provide the theoretical and operational definition of the concept based on the review of literature. (Theoretical is pure definition and operational is how it is used in practice.)
• Apply the concept as it relates to your practice and how you will use this concept in the future.
• Describe the value of these concept analyses to your understanding of nursing knowledge.
Advanced Nursing Practice: An innovative approach (5th ed.)
Author: Hamric, Spross, Hanson
MTitle: Publication Manual 6th Edition
Author: American Psychological Association
Publisher: American Psychological Association