Personal Learner Record
The learner record must demonstrate their application of knowledge and skills in the early year’s environment in relation to Disability Awareness.
You must include supporting documentation and details of a variety of initiatives and actions which evidence specific learning experiences
Learner Records & Supporting Evidence
Chose 5 activities to carry out in the workplace with children with disabilities.
1. Give an overview of the child’s condition
2. Outline the activity and reason for undertaking this activity with the child (benefits to child)
3. Critical & Reflective Evaluation
How did you ensure principals of best practice?
What new skills did the child learn?
What new skills did you learn?
Which strengths have you identified as your main ones?
Which areas of development do you feel you need to focus on to improve your skills?
How would you evaluate your contribution to the development of the child’s needs?
Highlight how you ensured inclusive practice.
4. Recommendations for personal and professional development
5. Recommendations for inclusive practice within the environment
6. Logical Conclusion
Word Count 1,000 words max per activity and evaluation, total 5,000 words max
Follow the structure outlined above