Must have discussions by wednesday as well as quiz I would also like to have the assignment by friday so i can submit by saturday morning early and I will pay that day, Once checked
- Read the following chapters in Principles of Marketing:
- Chapter 7: Target Markets
- Chapter 8: Marketing Environment
- Yohn, D.L. (2014, February 24). Why marketers need to stop following trends and start advancing movements. Forbes. Retrieved from http://www.forbes.com/sites/onmarketing/2014/02/24/why-marketers-need-to-stop-following-trends-and-start-advancing-movements/
- Lindsay, T. (2008). What is Toms Shoes All About? [Video Segment]. In The Entrepreneurs, Part 2: Toms Shoes and Frontera Shoes. Available from Films on Demand.
To participate in the following discussions, go to this week’s Discussion link in the left navigation.
- Customer Relationship Management
Choose a water park or other vacation destination. Create a hypothetical marketing campaign that uses what you’ve learned about the CRM approach. Describe how you might apply insights about developing long-lasting relationships with customers to retain or reactivate past visitors. You must use the text and at least one additional scholarly source.
Review several of your peers’ posts. Respond to at least two of your peers and provide recommendations to extend their thinking. Challenge your peers by asking a question that may cause them to rethink the use of CRM in a marketing campaign.
- Demographics and Trends
Read “Why Marketers Need To Stop Following Trends And Start Advancing Movements“. Local businesses and organizations transitioning to global markets might concern themselves with many conditions occurring in host foreign countries, including trend. The author identified three strategies that marketers should implement in regards to trend.
- What are the three ideas?
- Provide an example of a trendy condition in a local or global arena and how you would implement these strategies in a local or global trendy condition.
- Is the author right to take this approach?
Respond to at least two of your classmates’ posts.
Review several of your peers’ posts and identify activities they did not include in their post. Respond to at least two of your peers and provide recommendations to extend their thinking. Challenge your peers by asking a question that may cause them to reevaluate their explanation of the trend they chose or add components to their thoughts on the role of demographics in marketing.
To complete the following quiz, go to this week’s Quiz link in the left navigation.
Week Three Quiz
This quiz consists of 10 questions. The amount of time the quiz will take to complete will vary by individual.
To complete the following assignment, go to this week’s Assignment link in the left navigation.
China and India have demonstrated trends toward Western-style consumption over the last decade. Given the emphasis on the youth market in the US over the last 60 years (since the baby boom), what can you suggest for marketers in these youth-oriented consumer economies (China and India)?
- Describe the products (goods and services) that interest these youth markets.
- Compare and contrast the micro- and macro-environmental forces that can influence the marketing strategies for these products (goods and services).
- Analyze the marketing strategies of these two countries and compare them with Western-based consumption marketers (e.g., US).
- What opportunity for U.S. companies might you foresee? Support your reasoning.
This assignment is designed to assess your critical thinking, problem solving, and communication skills. Your paper will be graded for its clarity, relevance, coherence, logic, and depth.
Your paper must be two to three pages in length (not including a cover page and reference page), and be formatted in APA style. Your paper must demonstrate that you understand international influence and micro-environmental and macro-environmental influences on marketing strategy. You must use your text and at least two additional scholarly sources