Compensation and Government Regulations
1. Compare job-based pay with skill-based pay and provide an example of each. Determine which pay you would prefer. Support your decision.
2. Determine how government regulations affect compensation and if the regulations are needed. Support your position with examples.
3. Examine the common elements of compensation packages. Determine which two elements you believe to be the most motivational to an employee and to you. Support your position.
4. Compare team and individual bonuses and incentives. Determine which type of bonuses and incentives you would prefer. Support your position with examples.
5. Go to the United States Department of Labor and read the section titled “Employment Rights: Who has Them and Who Enforces Them”. Next, evaluate the intended effectiveness of The Americans with Disabilities Act and The Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Determine how these laws affect human resource (HR) management. Speculate what the impact of the Act will be in 10 years. Support your position.
6. Use the Internet to research the role of unions in the United States compared to three other countries. Next, examine how the role of unions in other countries differs from the role of unions in the United States. Provide examples of three countries and how unions operate in those countries in regard to HR management.
Company reorganization and the Future of HR
7. Provide an example of a company that has done a total “ turnaround”. Determine if the turnaround has been effective and improved its profitability.
8. Examine changes and developments that are currently taking place in the field of HR management. Predict two changes and developments that are likely to occur in this field in the next 10 years.
Sum It Up
9. Several issues arise in the field of human resource (HR) management. Sum up the responsibility of HR management to address and solve these problems.
10. Rate the three most important concepts in HR in order of importance (one being the most important).
11. Create a list of three best practices recruiters should use when screening potential candidates for a HR management position. Justify your selections.
12. Create a new best practice for HR management
Currently 2 writers are viewing this order