Based on the assigned readings, your responses are to be in your own words with no copying except for minimal quotes that must be properly cited. What I am looking for here are your own thoughts and opinions that demonstrate your understanding of the topics and the course materials. Since, you will be using the assigned course materials to address the topic questions, you are not required to include a bibliography list. When you submit your midterm (word document) to the “Assignments” for grading it will automatically be submitted to Turnitin. This means your assessment will be reviewed for plagiarism and will generate a Turnitin report and similarity score for originality. To reiterate, I want you to share your own thoughts in your own words in completing this assignment. If you receive a Turnitin similarity score over 30%, you are to contact me with an explanation as this may indicate plagiarism.
If you have any questions or concerns with the assignment please contact me.
1) Please address the following as they pertain to Intellectual Property:
What is Intellectual Property (IP) and how does counterfeit merchandise impact the U.S. economy?
What safety and health concerns are posed by counterfeit products?
How does IP theft pose an existential threat to national security?
2) Explain the purpose of and reasoning behind Executive Order 13,133. Specifically, what were the goals of the working group that was established by the Executive Order?
3) Explain the concept of “Smart Borders”.
4) How has the SMART Port Security, the SAFE Port Act, and the Small Vessel Security Strategy impacted port security?
5) Compare and discuss the similarities and differences of the external borders of New Europe to that of the U.S. Mexico border.