1. What is the essential difference between substantive criminal law and procedural criminal law? Provide examples for each.
2. Should morality, in and of itself, be a sufficient basis for defining particular conduct as criminal? Give reasons to support your view.
3. Compare and contrast the functions of trial and appellate courts. How are they similar? How are they different? Provide examples.
4. What factors do you think a prosecutor should take into consideration in determining whether to prosecute an individual the police have arrested for possession of illegal drugs? Provide examples.
5. Can a municipality enforce an ordinance totally banning religious organizations from canvassing neighborhoods in search of new members? What about an ordinance that prohibits such canvassing between the hours of 8 P.M. and 8 A.M. Provide example to support your answer.
6. Should the constitutional right of privacy invalidate criminal statutes that require a minor to obtain parental consent to obtain an abortion? Provide examples to support your answer