This study is designed to integrate some of what you have learnt into a practical application.
It is designed to get you thinking about ways you may apply some of the techniques from this course to your specific work situation.
It is to be roughly 1200-1500 words and is not to be viewed as a study that has the correct answers, merely ones that are plausible.
1. Choose a company to focus on in the Australian Market. (Example Harvey Norman)
2. Identify a cost in that company.
3. Identify the activity that is causing that cost.
4. Identify the cost driver for that activity.
5. How are you going to analyse and/or measure that cost function?
6. Can you arrive at a realistic equation to represent this cost behaviour.
7. Would you choose the traditional method as an easier approach?
8. What influences might management have on the cost behaviour that you have chosen?
9. What critiques can you make of the activity and the way it is performed?
10. What cost savings do you think you could make by doing the activity differently?
Some material from page 165 of the textbook is useful, but remember this is YOUR project and it should be relevant to the information you consider helpful.