Part 1: Short answer- Answer with at least 4 to 5 sentences each.
- Australia is a unique island continent separated from most land by water. What natural hazards affect Australia?
- How often do they occur?
- Where do they occur?
- Using examples of recent (since 1990) natural disasters, comment on how Australia as a nation works with its unique island geography and natural hazards regime
Part 2: Essay
Directions: Search for one peer reviewed research article that will serve as the basis for your homework this week.
The article should cover one of the following:
- Landform regions of Australia
- Climate and climate zones of Australia
- Biogeography or endemics of Australia (endemics are species of vegetation or animals that are unique to a given region)
- Current land disputes between Australia’s Aboriginal population and non-Aboriginals/European Settlers
- Natural hazards and disasters in Australia (e.g., Cyclone Tracy, wildfires, etc.)
- Earthquakes in New Zealand
- Relationship between New Zealanders and Maori with respect to culture
- Australian immigration issues
Then write a 2 page reflection paper describing that article using APA format. Please write the reflection paper as if it were going to be the content for a traveler’s website (e.g., Trip Advisor). Be sure to explain why the article provides information that a traveler to the region would be interested in knowing before visiting.