Review the information the company has provided including the company profile, corporate government guidelines and policies, news and events, financials, and investor resources.
- Identify what Southwest Airlines sought to accomplish for its stakeholders.
- Evaluate Southwest Airlines’ actions with respect to employees and customers.
- Assess Southwest Airlines’ achievements in the area of corporate governance.
- Have the actions and initiatives undertaken by Southwest Airlines made in a positive impact on its profitability? Explain with specific examples and financial data. Cite your sources using APA format.
Part Two: Final Project Week 5: Relationships and Financial Performance; Company Investment Analysis; Final Report and Presentation of Findings
- What is the relationship between your companies and their respective employees and investors? How do these relationships affect financial performance? Are there any issues outstanding for your companies? Provide a rationale for your assessment.
- Compare and contrast your two companies using the financial statements for the two firms and the accumulated data and analysis completed so far.
If you were going to make an investment in one of the two companies, which one would you select? Why? Explain your answer and include financial and nonfinancial reasons for your conclusion.
- Prepare a comprehensive final report that summarizes your research and analysis of the two companies you selected for your Final Project over all weeks of this course. Use good form and cite all sources in APA format.
- Create a 10-15 slide Microsoft PowerPoint presentation that summarizes your findings and conclusions for your Final Project over the past five weeks.
- Submit your answers to the questions in Part One, using an MS Word document, to the W5: Assignment 2 Dropbox. Use good form, show all your calculations and conclusions, and cite all sources using APA format.
Name your document SU_FIN4060_W5_A2_Part1_LastName_FirstInitial
- Address the issues for the Final Project, Week 5 outlined in Part Two items 1 and 2. Incorporate your responses in a comprehensive final report, using an MS Word document, and submit your document to the W5: Assignment 2 Dropbox. Use good form, and cite all sources using APA format.
Name your document SU_FIN40605_W5_A2_Part2_LastName_FirstInitial
- Create a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation consisting of 10-15 slides that summarizes your findings and conclusions for theFinal Project over all five weeks. Post this assignment in the Discussion Area and comment on at least two other submissions.
- Name your document SU_FIN4060_W5_A2_Presentation_LastName_FirstInitial
|Assignment 2 Grading Criteria||
|Identified Southwest Airline’s goals for its stakeholders||
|Evaluated Southwest Airline’s actions with respect to employees and customers.||
|Evaluated achievements made by Southwest Airlines in the area of corporate governance.||
|Explained whether or not the actions and initiatives undertaken by Southwest Airlines made a positive impact on its profitability with specific examples and financial data.||
|Identified the relationship between the two companies selected for the final project and explained how these relationships have affected financial performance. Identified any outstanding issues and provided a rationale for the assessment.||
|Compared and contrasted the two selected companies using financial statement analysis. Explained which of the two companies would be more attractive from an investor’s perspective using both financial and nonfinancial reasons for the conclusion.||
|Prepared a well-structured, comprehensive final report on the two selected companies that summarizes all research and analysis over all weeks of the course.||
|Created a 10-15 slide Microsoft PowerPoint presentation that effectively summarized the findings for the two companies for all weeks of the Final Project.||
|Commented on at least two other presentations and participated in the discussion.||
|Presented comprehensive and well-structured report and presentation free of spelling and grammatical errors and cited sources in APA format when necessary.||