e-Commerce has evolved from strictly online enterprises such as Amazon.com to enterprises such as Autozone.com, Bestbuy.com, and so on that are online, on social media, and brick and mortar combined. Select one (1) company and research the technical evolution that has brought its presence to its current technology infrastructure and model. What are the current security considerations? What are future trends in Web-based commerce that your selected company should consider? What are the security considerations that must considered in this future growth?
Write a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you:
- Analyze the Information Technology evolution of e-Commerce up to now, including the techniques used to secure e-Commerce. Describe some of the drawbacks as they relate to security.
- Determine the future hardware and software trends of e-Commerce and describe where you believe it is going. Analyze how social media such as Facebook and Twitter may fit into the future of secure e-Commerce.
- Explain how you see the anticipated evolution of the Internet, including updated secure protocols such as IPv6.
- Recommend what you believe is the most likely migratory path in the evolution of e-Commerce.
- Include a graphic representation of the proposed future Web-based e-Commerce model that incorporates security using Visio or an equivalent such as Dia. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
- Use at least four (4) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources