Instuctions for custom writings writer: write a paper on Zanzibar and its music choose a topic that can be written about and example might be the old trade routes and how Arabian instruments are found there now. But if u have a better idea go ahead, the rubric is attached below, and please do not use any database that I cannot access,
1. Cover page (name, ID number, course title, paper topic title, semester) 5pts
2. Page numbers 5pts
3. Thesis 10pts
4. Cultural context 10pts
5. Geography 5pts
6. Music fundamentals 10pts
7. Musical examples 10pts
8. Grammar, spelling, proofread 10pts
9. Minimum requirements (in syllabus) 10pts
Writing and submitting your paper
1. Papers must represent the work of the individual and their topic, papers should not focus on the topics that groups present.
2. Papers should use the MLA writing format
3. Proofread, proofread, and proofread!
4. Submit your final paper through www.turnitin.com (instructions to access are on Blackboard)
5. Site your research:
Here are examples of bibliographic references:
“Einstein, Albert.” Encyclopedia Britannica Online. Encyclopedia Britannica, 1999. Web. 27 Apr. 2009.
J.H. Kwabena Nketia. “Ghana.” Oxford Music Online. Grove Dictionary of Music, 2011. Web. 16 Oct. 2011.
Citing a audio file from ASP’s Music Online:
[I could not find an “official” MLA recommendation for this… so I would suggest the following:
“Name of Track (track title).” Name of Album. Name of Database. Web. Date of Access.
“Ewe Atsimivu.” Mustapha Tettey Addy: Master Drummer from Ghana. Music Online. Web. 16 Oct. 2011.
Citing a video on YouTube:
Editor, Author, or Compiler/Uploader (if available). “Posting Title.” Name of Site. Web. Date of Access.
Boisestatefoundation. “Boise State University Honors College.” YouTube. Web. 16 Dec. 2009.