Write a Critical Thinking Guide for current homeland security intelligence analysts assessing the spread of ISIL and the threat the organization poses to the US.
In the Critical Thinking Guide, address the following:
1. How can analysts best ensure that their analysis is reaching the right policy-makers and decision-makers?
2. How can analysts guard against pre-existing mindsets, perceptions, and cognitive bias?
3. What are the key intelligence questions analysts should be asking about ISIL and its threat to the homeland?
4. What structured analytic techniques should analysts consider using to confirm their hypotheses, develop sound judgments, and begin to form the basis of their assessment?
5. What actions might consumers of this intelligence take upon receiving an assessment of ISIL?