Complete the quiz on the assigned readings for the week.
Question 1.A U.S. naval base was established at __________ in 1887 as a stepping stone to Asian markets.
Question 2.While in many ways the end of the war brought welcome relief, in others it created several new and significant problems. Which disease in 1919 killed more people in 24 weeks than did AIDS in a period of 24 years?
Question 3.By the mid-19th century, the dominant colonial power was __________.
Question 4.Rose Rosenfeld Freedman is most associated with fighting for
the unionization of miners.
Question 5.Opponents to America’s annexation of __________ cited a variety of objections, including ideals about liberty, economic costs, and racist fears of cultural blending.
Question 6.Which of the following is NOT characteristic of the yellow journalism genre?
sensational stories with lurid images
experimental page layouts
disinterest in using anonymous sources
self-promotion for the newspaper.
Question 7.Regarding foreign affairs, President Theodore Roosevelt is probably most closely associated with __________.
preaching conservationism in Central America
enacting a naval blockade of Venezuela
visiting multiple European and South American nations
expanding the U.S. role on the world stage
Question 8.In 1894 a 40% duty was placed on Cuban sugar coming into America, which was initially meant to __________.
increase U.S. government tax revenues
spark an uprising in Cuba
harm the Spanish economy in Cuba
reverse the error of exempting sugar from tariffs
Question 9.In World War I, the U-Boat was a:
US transport ship.
British luxury liner.
French cruise ship.
Question 10.What happened when Margaret Sanger opened the first birth control clinic?
She was forced to leave the state for a year.
She was arrested, which propagated the movement.
She began to mail contraceptives across the country.
Anti-birth control activists bombed the clinic.
Need Other Tutorials For HIS 206?
You may click on the links below to go to respective tutorial.
· HIS 206 Week 1 Discussion 1 ( Race, Ethnicity, and Gender in the 19th Century )
· HIS 206 Week 1 Discussion 2 ( The Industrial Revolution )
· HIS 206 Week 1 Discussion 3 ( Week One Open Forum )
· HIS 206 Week 1 Quiz
· HIS 206 Week 1 Skill Activity
· HIS 206 Week 2 Discussion 1 ( The Progressive Movement )
· HIS 206 Week 2 Discussion 2 ( America’s Age of Imperialism )
· HIS 206 Week 2 Discussion 3 ( Week Two Open Forum )
· HIS 206 Week 2 Quiz
· HIS 206 Week 2 Skill Activity
· HIS 206 Week 3 Assignment ( Final Project Framework )
· HIS 206 Week 3 Discussion 1 ( The Twenties )
· HIS 206 Week 3 Discussion 2 ( Depression and Mobilization )
· HIS 206 Week 3 Discussion 3 ( Week Three Open Forum )
· HIS 206 Week 3 Quiz
· HIS 206 Week 3 Skill Activity
· HIS 206 Week 4 Discussion 1 ( A Single American Nation )
· HIS 206 Week 4 Discussion 2 ( Cold War )
· HIS 206 Week 4 Discussion 3 ( Week Four Open Forum )
· HIS 206 Week 4 Quiz
· HIS 206 Week 4 Skill Activity
· HIS 206 Week 5 Assignment ( Final Project )
· HIS 206 Week 5 Discussion 1 ( The Rise of Conservatism )
· HIS 206 Week 5 Discussion 2 ( How Far Have We Come )
· HIS 206 Week 5 Discussion 3 ( Week Five Open Forum )