You have been hired as a consultant for a multinational organization that has a major marketing strategy for its product lines, yet is struggling to maintain its market share. The organization specializes in athletic wear. You have completed an internal assessment of the organization’s business practices and are now required to make suitable recommendations for market and financial recovery.
In your assessment, you discover troubling practices that will definitely affect your recommendations to the executive suite. The organization is under scrutiny for its marketing practices and questionable bait-and-switch strategies. In addition, some of the financials suggest poor internal auditing systems for production and cost of goods sold. There also seem to be some questionable import and export fines. The online market is growing, but with secondary vendors such as pricecut.com and amaprice.com, profit margins are being cut drastically.
You have several questions to consider and address in your presentation. The organization uses labor from some third-world countries where the labor costs are low. Recently, it has been found that there has been a rash of child labor violations in these places. Yet, the organization’s production rate has increased drastically.
Based on your analysis of the scenario, the module readings, the Argosy University online library resources, and the Internet, prepare a presentation for the organization that addresses the following:
- Which area of marketing strategy (product, price, place, or promotion) is most subject to public scrutiny concerning ethics? Explain.
- How will trust be established in the marketplace?
- What are some ethical considerations regarding financial and accounting reporting guidelines?
- How is trust impacted by social media, technology, and issues of privacy while in online venues?
- Build a strategic ethical plan to establish trust for marketplace and online venues.
- Make recommendations that can be incorporated into a business strategy for market and financial recovery.
Be sure to include the following in your presentation:
- A title slide
- A reference slide
- Headings for each section
- Speaker notes to support the content on each slide
Develop a 7–10-slide presentation (not including the title and reference slides) in PowerPoint format. Apply APA standards to citation of sources