This final research paper must demonstrate the understanding of new learning in the field of supply chain management and how the supply chain supports the organization’s business strategy. This is an assignment with a length of 10 to 15 pages (not including title and reference pages) that should integrate the reading, multi-media and class discussion boards. You are required to utilize research from the classroom text, as well as 6 to 8 additional sources from the internet or online library to support your views. At least two of these sources must be from ProQuest.
Consider the validity of your resources carefully before using them in academic papers. It is recommended to use examples from your professional experience where possible, or build from your learning in the discussion boards.
In your 10- to 15-page research paper, you will describe both the business strategy and supply chain strategy for your organization, or for a business unit of your organization, or for some other organization for which you have worked in the past and still retain contacts. Your research paper will describe how this organization aligns its business strategy with its supply chain strategy (use the definition from page 26 of the text to guide you) if they have a formal one. You are to expand this description and supplement it with a critical analysis and suggested improvement steps/actions based on what you have learned in this course.
Key issues to address:
- What opportunities exist to improve supply chain activities through better alignment of logistics and the company’s strategic plan?
- In what ways can the supply chain integrate with logics in order to get goods and services moved effectively and efficiently? How might a company’s agility in terms of the supply chain and/or logistics improve the movement of goods and /or products?
- What challenges does the interaction of supplier and manufacturers bring to the logistics management arena?
- What processes could be adopted to increase value for the customer?
- What are the impacts of Supply Chain Management on various organizational functions?
- What are the financial implications of improving supply chain management for the company?
- What “best practices” are available to support your recommendations?
Writing the Research Paper
The Research Paper:
- Must be ten to fifteen double-spaced pages in length (not including title and reference pages), and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must conclude with a restatement of the thesis and a conclusion paragraph.
- Must use your text and six to eight scholarly sources, including a minimum of two from the Ashford Online Library.
- Must use APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide to document all sources.
- Must include, on the final page, a Reference Page that is completed according to APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide