The Rancho Solano Preparatory School case had controversy over an administrative decision that affected families. The school board decided to hire a consultant to evaluate the closure and provide expertise. Read “Rancho Solano Case.” Review the links included in Topics Materials associated with contemporary media reporting on this school issue.
The school board has hired you as a consultant to review the situation and present your findings and recommendations. Write a paper (1,250-1,500 words) that discusses the Rancho Solano case. Complete this assignment from the perspective of the hired consultant. Respond to the following questions:
- What factors operating in Rancho Solano’s general and specific/internal environment affected the decision to close two campuses and consolidate resources? What is your evaluation of the decision made by Dr. Mernard and Meritas?
- What is your evaluation of the process of going about the closure? Was RSPS demonstrating social responsibility? Discuss the closure impact on three specific stakeholders.
- How do you think this change impacted organizational behavior within the closed campus, within the school, and among the stakeholders?
At the completion of the evaluation, it is necessary to propose a potential outlook to the administrators of RSPS. The proposal needs to address possible next steps with the administration. Address the following:
- Provide an explanation, using appropriate management theories, for how the administration could have handled the closure effectively with stakeholders? Include one theory from each of the following: the classical approach, the human relations approach, and the modern management approach.
- You have been asked to suggest three plans: one long-term, one mid-term, and one short-term goal for the future direction of RSPS. Justify your decision for these goals.
- Present your concluding statement.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. Although an abstract is not required, an introduction and conclusion are required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.