Prepare your paper using the following sources:
1. Watch the following video on emerging adulthood by psychologist Jeffrey Arnett:
2. Find and watch at least one video on emerging adulthood in different cultures in the University Library.
How to find videos:
Our Library collections include two film/video databases: ‘Academic Video Online’ and ‘Films on Demand.’ Of those two databases, the ‘Academic Video Online’ database will likely be the most useful for this topic.. To access and search the ‘Academic Video Online’ collection:
- From the Library home page, click/select the ‘View All Resources Alphabetically’ link.
- On the resulting page, scroll the alphabetically arranged list of resources to find and select the ‘Academic Video Online’ link. This will take you to that database’s search page.
- On the ‘Academic Video Online’ database’s landing/search page use the provided search box to enter your search terms and click the provided ‘Search’ button/icon.
3. Use at least one additional source, such as our textbook or peer reviewed journal articles.
Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper discussing the following:
- What is the meaning of emerging adulthood?
- What are the expectations for an emerging adult in your culture?
- Compare and contrast the expectations and roles of an emerging adult in the different cultures.
- What are the implications of the transition on middle adulthood?
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Create a flowchart using Microsoft® Word or any other application.
Include the following:
- Major milestones and experiences in your life from early to middle adulthood: Project possible events if middle adulthood has not been reached.
- At least three milestones and experiences in the physical, cognitive, and socioemotional developmental areas
Write a 200- 300 word summary discussing the following:
- Which of these milestones and experiences have had the greatest effect on your relationships and in what ways?