Option 2: What is the market demand for health promotion professionals, and what are some of the career opportunities both inside and outside of the U.S. for individuals who are interested in this field?
Use some of the web resources located in the “Websites” area to provide at least one example of a health-promotion related job for your peers. Include the job title, salary, assigned duties, and necessary credentials. Does this job description you’ve selected appeal to you? Why/why not?
Week 5 Application Assignment 1 – See highlighted area to complete assignment 1
• To prepare for this Application Assignment, locate at least four organizations that contribute to the health of your own community. For each, consider how you might participate in any of their activities—how you could make a difference personally. Examples of ways that you could personally foster a change in your community include:
• Buying locally grown produce
• Donating food to community organizations
• Building homes for the underprivileged
• Volunteering at an after-school program
To complete this Application Assignment, write a 1- to 2-page paper that includes the following:
• A list of the four organizations you located. Describe the mission or purpose of each. (Some examples or organizations and non-profits are listed in the website area).
• Select one of the organizations for which you might like to volunteer or make some kind of contribution. Then describe the type(s) of personal actions you could take, with the support of the organization, to contribute to your community. Explain why you chose these particular actions and how this involvement aligns with Walden’s mission.
• If you are already involved in community service activities, name and describe the organization with which you work. Also explain how you contribute to the organization’s activities