NSC1 Authentic Assessment Project (Mastery):
Due Date: Sunday of Unit 4 by 10:00 p.m. PST
Points Possible: 50 points
Deliverable Length: 4-5 pages (not including title and reference pages)
Provide complete, well-structured answers to the following questions. Draw conclusions as to how these topics are related, if any relations exist between topics. Your answers to the questions should be complete and provide a solid overview of the topic presented, as well as detailed examples of the topics, as discussed throughout the course.
1. Describe the difference between basic and applied research. Give a minimum of two (2) examples of each, both basic and applied research. Give examples of basic and applied research that might be undertaken in the medical field.
2. Give an everyday example that illustrates the difference between acceleration and velocity.
3. Plants and animals are still dying and falling to the ocean bottom today. Why then do we not classify fossil fuels as renewable resources?
4. What is the difference between weather and climate? Describe the weather and climate of your area for the past year.
5. Provide a description of the Law of Unintended Consequences. Give an example of the law in operation.
Additional Information: Answers to the above questions should include a minimum of three well-structured, complete paragraphs within the response. Keep in mind that a well-structured paragraph contains a topic sentence, supporting sentences, as well as a closing. A paragraph should contain a minimum of 8-10 sentences to allow for full descriptions and examples within this assignment. Paragraphs should contain full-sentences written with quality sentence structure, punctuation, capitalization, and grammar.
The assignment may contain brief references to Internet sources, as well as textbook topics. Ensure your assignment credits any and all sources used to complete the project. When conducting Internet research, verify that any source you select for assignment reference is academic.
Requirements: Submit assignment as a Microsoft Word document using APA style. Include reference to research from a minimum of three (3) sources for a completed assignment this week.