1. At which layer of the OSI model does the protocol UDP operates?
2. At which layer of the OSI model does the protocol ICMP operates?
3. Identify the port number and service provided by the following ports:
4. What class IP address is 192.168.1.1?
5. What class IP address is 127.0.0.0?
6. What is the delivery unit for the transport layer?
7. What is the delivery unit for the data link layer?
8. What is a type of malicious malware that is self-replicating and does not need system or human interaction to spread?
9. Identify a type of social engineering attack.
10. Identify the following IEEE 802 standards for use:
11. At which layer does a switch operate?
12. At which layer does a router operate?
13. Identify a connection-less protocol.
14. Identify a connection oriented protocol.
15. Explain the three way hand shake.
16. By signing a document with your digital signature you are not able to refute that you sent it. This is an example of what ¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬__________________________?
17. MD5 hashes ensure that a file has not been altered in transmission. This is an example of ¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬-__________________________?
18. Explain the general intent of a Trojan horse.
19. If network redundancy is a requirement which network topology is the best solution?
20. What layer of the OSI model is responsible for error detection, flow control and recovery?
21. T or F – IPSec encompasses the technology of AH and ESP?
22. T or F – SSL is used for SHTTP
23. Identify the following port:
24. Using the OSI model, in which direction is data distributed from the sender?
25. Using the OSI model, in which direction is data received by the recipient?